Search This Blog

Saturday, May 04, 2013

Buster's First Round Recap


The first round of the 2013 NBA Playoffs are officially over. Chicago defeated Brooklyn in game 7 to finish out the last game of the first round. Here is a quick recap of the first round and a look at how my predictions turned out.

Eastern Conference:

#1 Miami vs. #8 Milwaukee (Miami 4-0)

This is a series that I really just wanted to stir up some trouble with. I knew in my mind that the Heat would sweep the Bucks with no problems, but my heart told me that Milwaukee would steal one game. This is probably because of my great hatred towards LeBron and the franchise of Miami. Miami blew threw Milwaukee averaging 100 points per game. Perhaps even Bucks fans were smarter than me and knew they couldn't even pull off one win.

#2 New York vs. #7 Boston (New York 4-2)

No team has ever come back from a 3-0 deficit, but Boston fooled a lot of people into thinking it was possible. The Knicks took a 3-0 lead and it looked as if my prediction of a sweep was gonna happen. Boston fought back to take the next two games in a row. Just as everyone had jumped on the Celtics bandwagon, New York pulled off the fourth win in what was a close game until the finish. The Knicks averaged 87.6 points per game.

#3 Indiana vs. #6 Atlanta (Indiana 4-2)
I am gonna brag on my self for just a second and take the time to say that I successfully predicted this series at 4-2. I knew that Atlanta could not hang with the Pacers in the long run, but I knew they were good enough to steal two games at home. After all, Indiana is going to beat the Heat in the Eastern Conference Finals! The Pacers averaged 94.5 points per game.

#4 Brooklyn vs. #5 Chicago (Chicago 4-3)
Just as I thought, the Bulls pulled out a win in a very tough series. Nate Robinson played outstanding like he has been and will continue to do so for this team. I did predict a 4-2 Bulls win, but I was not surprised to see this series go to game 7. Chicago is for real, and could pose a possible threat for the Heat in the second round. The Bulls averaged 97.4 points per game.

I would like to take a quick note and say that I predicted every matchup in the East correctly, as did my partner in crime CMan. At the end of this one I stand as 4-0. Now lets take a look at how I did in the West.

Western Conference:
#1 Oklahoma City vs. #8 Houston (Oklahoma City 4-2)

I don't think this series went as anyone planned it to go. With the loss of Russell Westbrook, losing two games in this series was definitely not the biggest loss. After Russ went out in game 2 we all knew this was no longer going to be an easy journey. However, I do not think anyone expected to see some of the worst Thunder basketball of the season. The Thunder did pull it out in the end averaging an amazing 105.8 points per game!

#2 San Antonio vs. #7 LA Lakers (San Antonio 4-0)
I again want to take the time and say that I predicted this series absolutely correct, because it is the only other time I did this. The Lakers had a hard enough time winning with Kobe, without him, no one though they had a chance in this one. San Antonio took care of business in four games and is rested up for their next series against Golden State. The Spurs averaged an outstanding 104 points per game!

#3 Denver vs. #6 Golden State (Golden State 4-2)
I could not have been more wrong in this one as I picked Denver to win 4-2. Golden State was a team that I enjoyed watching very much this season. I knew they were young and explosive, but I had no idea they had the ability to comeback and take over games like they did in this series. Mark my words, Golden State is a team to watch out for in the West! The Warriors averaged more than any other team in the playoffs with 107.2 points per game!

#4 LA Clippers vs. #5 Memphis (Memphis 4-2)
This is just one more series that I was way off on! Maybe I just picked the Clippers to win this series because of my love for Blake Griffin, I don't know! Memphis proved to be way to physical on the inside with Gasol and Randolph. The defense of Marc Gasol and Tony Allen was too much for the Clippers to handle, especially with Blake Griffin playing injured. Memphis averaged 100.2 points per game.

I finished at a sub par level of 2-2 in the West, and an overall record of 6-2. CMan may tell you that we ended up in a tie, but he was clearly our winner. CMan predicted three perfect series to my two perfect series. Keep an our out for our second round predictions to see who wins!

No comments: